CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Help for McKenna!!

We're going through a lot of our "stuff" right now trying to get everything packed up for our big move next weekend and I decided to sell a lot of Brynn's ladybug things from her room.  I put it all on craigslist and shortly after, I received an e-mail from Kristine. 

Kristine has some family friends who received some devastating news a couple weeks ago.  Mike and Brittany's daughter, McKenna, was diagnosed with Stage IV Neuroblastoma.  Kristine (and others) are trying to put together some fundraising ideas and one of them is a raffle.  We're going to give her Brynn's ladybug stuff for the raffle instead of selling it. 

This is McKenna:


HERE IS A LINK TO MCKENNA'S STORY.

HERE IS A LINK TO MORE INFORMATION ON NEUROBLASTOMA.

They are from Chandler, AZ and McKenna is only 15 months old.  For some reason, this hit really close to home for me.  Maybe it's because she's such a cute little girl?  Or because she likes ladybugs?  Or because she's not too far away from us?  Or because Brynn's had two eye surgeries at the Phoenix Children's Hospital where McKenna is receiving treatment?  Or because they're my age?  Or maybe it's just because if I were in Mike and Brittany's situation, I don't know what we'd do.  From what I understand, Mike also lost his job in December.

On the link to McKenna's story, you can make donations.  Or if you aren't comfortable doing this, I would be more than happy to accept the donations for you and make sure that they get to Kristine or McKenna's family.  I really want to do what I can to help this family out. 

You can mail donations to me at:
Amanda West
PO Box 1512
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Thank you!!!

6 comments:

  1. I have a ton of stuff I have been saving for a garage sale that I would be more that happy to donate. Can someone come pick all this up? Are they just having a sale or how is this going to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're wanting to do a raffle type thing... I don't know all of the details yet, but I'll keep you posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's also a "Help For Baby McKenna" page on Facebook that you can join as well!! I joined... you can find it through my FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Amanda! There's an address listed on McKenna's facebook group for sending raffle/auction donation items and gift cards. Gift cards for restaurants, stores, salon services, etc. are really popular and would make great raffle prizes! ALL items will be inventoried and used to raise money for McKenna. Come to the concert (more details when available) and buy a raffle ticket and you might just win something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the story reached Greece,,i just made a donation through the site..hope it helps..it is a devastating situation..i have a little girl who is almost the same age as McKenna, just a few weeks younger..i dont know what i would do if it hit me...
    our prayers and hearts to the McKenna family..

    ReplyDelete