CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tonight's Adventure

LET ME REMIND YOU, I am completely freaked out by fast-moving bugs, crickets, bees, etc. Well over the last few weeks, we've had a few GIGANTIC mosquitos and moths fly into the house. I don't know how they're getting in, other than maybe the doggie door? When they get in the house, I get all anxious and BEG Chad to kill them. They seriously scare the crap out of me and make me cringe. They are HUGE.

Tonight, Chad is at a concert with a friend and I'm at home with Brynn. A few minutes ago, I wish I would have had a video camera so I could record what Allie, Mel and I did. This HUGE moth started flying around the light on the ceiling fan and I was like ok, I'll be fine if it just stays WAY UP THERE (we have faulted ceilings). Of course, IT DIDN'T. It was dodging me... seriously. It must have known I was completely freaked out. I went and got one of my flip-flops and was like no way... I'll be getting way too close to that thing if I actually hit it... then I'll feel it smush and I'll want to throw up. Ugh. I tossed the shoe and grabbed my mop (let me clarify, my 21" microfiber mop, my Waxie readers!). The moth landed on the ceiling fan for a second, so I ran to the switch and turned it on (thinking that it would start moving really fast and fling the moth against the wall and kill it... or something?!). Well, that didn't work, the fan was super slow and the moth just started flying all over the place again.

Allie and Mel were outside and when they saw me running and jumping all over the place, they came running in and thought I was playing. THEN, Mel saw it. She growled at it, barked at it and tried to bite at it. Allie was just all hyper and tried to chase it. Those three (Allie, Mel and the HUGE scary moth) were all going crazy. Somehow, Mel got a hold of the moth and then I yelled at her because I didn't want her to eat it and get sick, so she spit it out and the dang thing started to fly again. I smacked it with the mop (mid air) and it went down. I smushed it with the mop, thought I killed it and the dang thing got up again! Mel growled and I finally smushed it good. I then used like 7 balled up paper towels to pick it up and throw it in the trash.

Whew. Thanks Mel, I couldn't have done it without you. Now please don't get sick. You're always an expensive trip to the vet!!

4 comments:

  1. LOL...I would give anything to see that! Remember bats in the house? That is so much worse than moths...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We almost have anough animals to make people think we live in a barn (two dogs and a bearded dragon!)... but our house is made out of styrofoam, chicken wire, stucco and some tiles on the roof. :)

    Nah, I don't think I'm a good writer, I just do it for the memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! you didnt write about the one when i was there! was it a moth or a canadian soldier again!? i saw that one earlier that day before it got into the house... i waited to tell you till now because you would have hit me with your flip flop (maybe even the mop!?), if i were there!

    I remember Marcelo with the tennis racket at the Dittoes... using his super hero swing and knocking it right out! Yuck!

    ps- Mimi had to kill a spider this afternoon with a fly-swatter instead of me. This is bad, we need therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Moths are kind of ewie, but this far north the bug season is short. Our mosquitos, on the other hand, could carry off a toddler...

    ReplyDelete