CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

WOF - ROUND 2 & 3

I went to the WOF Round 2 tryouts this morning and I ended up staying for Round 3!!

Details:

Arrived at the Arizona Biltmore around 8:30. Had NO CLUE of where I was going once I got there, it's a big maze. Found a maintenance guy on a golf cart who showed me where to park. Parked. Found some other "contestants" and another maintenance guy who gave us a ride on a big golf cart to the building that we needed to go to. Thank you maintenance guys. The map that WOF e-mailed to us didn't help at all.

Waited about 10-15 minutes and we were allowed into the room that the tryouts were in. When I walked in, one of the WOF guys said he liked my shirt. Cool.

Took my seat, filled out my paperwork, waited about 5 minutes and the WOF people went through the rows of people in the room and made us call out our name so they could make a seating chart.

Shortly after they were finished with the seating chart, everyone took a turn trying to select a letter and solve the puzzle from a simulated WOF game (a.k.a. laptop and projection screen). Well, my name got called twice and guess what? Both times, it was a brand new puzzle and neither puzzle had the letter I called out!! My nerves started kicking in after the first letter I missed, let alone the second. UGH!!

After we all had at least one turn, it was time for the 5 minute written puzzle quiz. I think I got about 75% of them right.

When we were finished with the quizzes, we took a 25 minute break so that the WOF people could grade them and figure out who they wanted to move on to Round 3. Right after the break, they announced that if your name was not called, you were to leave at that point and you would not be moving on.

Well, THEY CALLED MY NAME TO STAY FOR ROUND 3!! WOO HOO!!

Basically, we got called up to the front of the room in groups of 6 people (I think there were 30 of us at that point) to try to solve more puzzles and then do a mini-interview. I think it went ok, but I WAS SOOOO NERVOUS!!

They told us that if we were selected to be on the show, we would receive a letter in the mail in two weeks or less. If we don't get one by then, we didn't make it on the show.

So, for now, I'm just waiting....... PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Prayers are sent! What a fun day...stressful, I'm sure, but still fun! Love you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why Dad's name is on this? Your momma sent it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome!! I will be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear! I'm keeping everything crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete