CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ice Cream Cake

I had a brilliant idea for my mom's birthday. In Ohio, Dairy Queen is closed for the winter. I thought it would be really cool to get her a DQ birthday cake, since she's never had one for her birthday before.

Well, the night of her birthday, we took her to Logan's Roadhouse (YUM!) and we were too full for cake when we got back. They embarrased her at the restaurant and brought her a desert, so we didn't need the cake that night anyway.

Tuesday, Chad made his yummy quesadillas for dinner and then I went out to the freezer in the garage to get the cake. I opened the freezer door and the cake looked funny. Apparently when I put the cake in there, the door didn't shut the whole way and when I pulled the cake out, it was mostly melted except for about a 7" circle in the middle. We opened up the cake, scraped away the melted part and each had a few bites of what was left. UGH.

Oh and it looks like the girl wrote "Happy Birthday GNammie" instead of Grammie. ;o)

It was a nice thought... and I think we all got a good laugh out of it!!



2 comments:

  1. It was pretty funny ...it still tasted good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will always taste good, no matter how melted it is.... i remember we pulled one out for my bday (DEC) like 3 years later haha nice try! haha

    ReplyDelete