CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

What A Day

So, today started out ok... and then I got to work and everything started going wrong. It was just a weird day at work.

Let's backtrack a little bit. Tuesday, I got an automated voicemail from Brynn's eye doctor's office confirming her appointment for this afternoon at 4:00 at the Scottsdale office. THE OFFICE IN SCOTTSDALE IS AN HOUR COMPLETELY OUT OF OUR WAY. I couldn't reschedule her appointment because I had already told my bosses that I had to leave early today AND Chad had pretty much the whole afternoon off for an appointment for himself and her appointment. I called their offices yesterday to find out exactly where this Scottsdale office was and to give them an earful of bitchy Amanda. They told me that Brynn's appoinment was actually at 4:10 instead of 4:00 and I was ok, whatever, I just wrote it down wrong before. I planned to leave work at 3:30 this afternoon to give me enough time to get up there and it was such a crazy day, I didn't end up getting out of there until almost 3:45. So, I was completely frustrated, called Chad and found out he was stuck in traffic. He thought he was going to be about 5-10 minutes late to Brynn's 4:10 appointment, so I called the office to let them know and they said "Oh, her appointment is at 4:00, not 4:10 and if you're going to get here any later than 4:10, we'll have to cancel the appointment and reschedule."

I LOST IT.

They screwed up the appointment location AND the time of the freaking appointment and can't hold her appointment because he's stuck in traffic?! I hung up, called Chad back and was bawling (I was actually bawling on the phone with the freaking office girl).

OH AND in the meantime, one of the vendors that I faxed an order to right before I left didn't get page 2 of the fax. THE PAGE WITH THE ORDER ON IT THAT HAS TO DELIVER TOMORROW. So, I pulled off on to a side road and didn't know what to do. I was going to go back to work but then decided to call my boss and ask him to refax it for me. Yeah, that makes me look really good, doesn't it? Atleast I was smart enough to give the vendor my cell phone number in case they had problems. I then headed home. There was no way that I was going to make it to the appointment, it was 40 minutes away and at this point, I had 5 minutes to get there.

Ok, so back to Chad. When he got off on the exit that he needed to, he called the dr's office to tell them where he was and he needed to know exactly how to get there. SHE GAVE HIM THE ADDRESS. At this point, he pulled out the attitude that he learned from me and was like "LOOK. YOU TOLD MY WIFE THAT IF I WAS 10 MINUTES LATE, WE HAD TO RESCHEDULE THE APPOINTMENT. THE APPOINTMENT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE HIGLEY OFFICE AND THE GIRL AT THE FRONT DESK AT THEIR OFFICE SCHEDULED THE APPOINTMENT FOR SCOTTSDALE. THIS IS AN HOUR OUT OF MY WAY AND WE ARE NOT RESCHEDULING. I JUST GOT OFF AT THE EXIT THAT I NEEDED TO, SO YOU TELL ME EXACTLY WHERE TO GO FROM HERE." So, she did.

The Dr. Salevitz apologized to Chad as soon as he walked in the door and Chad said "You have no idea how lucky you are that my wife wasn't here". Dr. Salevitz said "I know" in a really quiet voice. Seriously, he has no idea what kind of day I've had.

Anyway, Brynn needs another surgery.

On April 1, 2008, when she was 8 months old, she had her first surgery because her eyes were crossed really bad. You could really tell that she was having problems focusing and trying to grab things. Pretty much right after the surgery, her attitude completely changed and she was sooo much happier. She started learning things a lot faster after the surgery too. (Go to our old blog to read about the first surgery.)

Now, her eyes "wander" when she's sleepy. Dr. Salevitz told Chad that when Brynn looks to the left, her left eye will go to the left and her right eye will go up. When she looks to the right, her right eye will look to the right and her left eye will go up. (One of them will actually wander up and in too.)

She's really smart though, if you tell her to "fix her eyes", she'll blink and she is able to focus again. You wouldn't even be able to tell that her eyes crossed a few seconds before.

So, right now her second surgery is scheduled for April 14th. Chad is supposed to be going to training in North Carolina for a week or so sometime in April, so we may need to change the date of her surgery so that he is here for it. I'll keep you posted.

I know most of this post wasn't a big deal to anyone who was reading it but seriously, you have no idea how stressed out I've been today. Oh and once I calmed down at home, I checked our lottery numbers for last night and didn't have any. Dang.

4 comments:

  1. WHOA BOY what a day! You get your bitchiness from me, so Dr.S IS very lucky you weren't there! =)You are a momma lioness = natural reaction...
    If you need me to come out, I'll work something out. Just let me know...Seriously! Grammie would be more than happy to come out and take care of all of you !

    I keep playing the lottery too! =)
    LOVE YOU GUYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the surgery will go well and she's a trooper! seeing how quickly her perception changed after the last one, she will have a miraculous recovery! That 'tude runs in the family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'TUDE definitly runs in the family and that is not a bad thing at all...eh Chadly?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Amanda- I would have been a wreck. It seems like she bounced back so well from her first surgery, I'm sure she'll do great this time, too.

    ReplyDelete