CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wheel Of Fortune - Round Two??

Yesterday I went to the try outs for Wheel Of Fortune and had a lot of fun!! They had three different times that you could participate: 1:00, 2:30 and 4:00. You were supposed to be there an hour before each show and could participate in each time slot as long as you hadn't already been called up on stage.

This first round is basically just luck if you get called. We had to stand in a huge line to fill out a paper that had all of our contact information on it and you put it into a drop box. Each time slot was a different color paper, so that they didn't get mixed together for each round. Just before each time slot, they put all of the papers and put them into a big golden drum (sounds magical, doesn't it?!) and they draw five names at a time to go up on stage. When you're up on stage, they do a quick interview so that they can hear your voice and catch a glimpse of your personality.

I met some pretty cool people yesterday and I think it was mostly because of my shirt. It was a pretty good conversation-starter. I love to people watch, so it was pretty funny to watch the facial expressions when people tried to solve my puzzles.



(PLEASE PICK ME)



(WHEEL WATCHER)

I didn't make it up on stage for rounds one or two but after two games in round three, Marty (the host) called out "WEST... AMANDA WEST?!" and I screamed (went a little crazy because that's what they tell you to do) and was all excited!! A bunch of the people that I had talked to throughout the day were all yelling and screaming for me, so that was really awesome!! After they call your name, they take your picture and make you sign a paper that basically says that after you get up on that stage, you can't try out again. The people that were working that table said that they were all excited for me and that they were really hoping that I would get called up on stage!!

When I got up on stage, Marty asked my name and what I do... So I told him my name was Amanda West and that I do purchasing and customer service for a company called M&M Specialties, so when you eat those little candies, think of me!! He asked what I like to do for fun and I told him that I like to spend time with my husband, Chad, and my 20 month old daughter, Brynn, and together we are "ABC WEST"!! I made sure to throw that in there because Wheel Of Fortune is on ABC. :) He also asked what my shirt said and I told him that everyone had to try to solve the puzzle. So a bunch of people yelled out "PLEASE PICK ME!!!!" and started cheering and then he asked what the back said, so I turned around and everyone yelled out "WHEEL WATCHER"!!

After the quick interviews, we tried to solve the puzzle. I guessed two of the letters in the puzzle correctly ("H" and "A") but didn't have a clue of what the puzzle was when it was my chance to try to solve. It ended up being "UNSUNG HEROES". *************Note 4/19: HA! Did anyone notice my typo?! I typed "H" and "A" but it should have been "H" and "R"!!************

While I was there, an ABC camera guy zoomed in on me a couple times and several people took my picture, which was pretty cool. One guy that worked for ABC had me stand next to a cardboard cutout of Pat Sajak so he could take my picture. :)

If I make it to the next round, I should get an e-mail or a letter in the mail within the next week or two. I think the final show is going to be in about a month.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED... I'll keep you posted if I hear anything!! WOO HOO!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds fun...hope you made it to the next round! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! We are all rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO JEALOUS...I tried to convince Ben and the fam we needed to make a detour, but no luck! I hope you make it so I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get on!! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete